Information about the MIT Sandbox Innovation Fund application is available below. For more information about our programs, visit http://sandbox.mit.edu
<$5K APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO THURSDAY 3/2/17 at 11:59PM
- Click Sign Up button to create a new account (you will need to verify your account via email).
- All teams must identify a primary contact (must be an MIT student).
- All team members will be able to register, view, and edit the application once the primary contact links their account to the application.
- Follow the application workflow and read all instructions. Add team members (if applicable) in the section at the bottom right.
Levels of funding and support
- Up to $1K (+ mentoring + tailored educational content)
- Up to $5K (+ mentoring + tailored educational content)
- Up to $25K, including
- Proposals to Funding Board
- Funding to milestones + mentoring + educational content
- Maximum funds throughout the lifetime of one project is $25K
- A team must have at least one full-time MIT student in a leadership role.
- All students on a team must be in good academic standing.
- Teams can have undergraduate or graduate students from any department at MIT. Teams can also have non-student and non-MIT members
- Your idea must be for the purpose of creating a new business—for-profit or not-for-profit
- If the idea came from MIT-sponsored research, you must get TLO sign-off
- Teams must disclose other sources of funding. Prior or concurrent funding is acceptable below $50K total